Today, on New Year’s Eve, it is 200 days left until our planned departure date, when we will set sail towards the Caribbean. During 2019 we did a lot of renovation and set sails for the first time and sailed around in the archipelago. We got to know our boat and made it more livable again after a lot of years abandoned. But this post is not about what we have done, it is about what we have left to do before we leave.
During the coldest months we will focus on:
- finishing the interior inside the boat
- finish the electricity (some lamps left etc)
- get a solution for autopilot working (more about this later)
- go over instruments (VHF, radar)
- sort out paperwork (insurance, boat registration, VHF certificate etc)
- install watermaker
- fix an extra cooling box or fridge
- take a look at the bow thruster
Spring & early summer
- Haul out and go over the keel and hull, clean it and paint it
- Fix our leakages once and for all
- Finalize details in cockpit, last piece of teak etc
- Mounting the windvane & autopilot
- Finalize the last solar panel installation
- Repair the bathing platform
Late summer & Autumn
Our plan is to leave Stockholm middle of July and head south towards the Caribbean. More details about the route we plan to take can be found under the page The Plan.
We are very excited about our upcoming adventure and we hope you will enjoy following our journey, both the last preparations and the sailing as well! 🙂
Happy New Year!