Anne-Mon is a sailboat of model OC35, ketch rigged and long keeled. She was built in 1967 by Malmö Flygindustri in Sweden. It is a robust boat that was built for sailing across oceans, but she has never had the opportunity.
We have bought the boat as a renovation-project and started preparing her for a sailing adventure.
More pictures from the day we bought her can be found HERE and all the work that we have done and will do in the future can be found under the category Renovation. If you are interested in reading about the rig, check out our blogpost about it by clicking HERE.
Some facts about Anne-Mon:
- Name: Anne-Mon
- Model: OC35 ketch
- Year of manufacture: 1965
- Manufacturer: Malmö Flygindustri
- Constructor: John Melchior
- Length Over All (LOA) w.o. bowsprit/dinghy davit: 10.7 meters (35 ft)
- Length Over All (LOA) w. bowsprit/dinghy davit: approx 13 meters (43 ft)
- Waterline Length (LWL): 8.49 meters (28 feet)
- Width: 3.3 meters (11 ft)
- Depth: 1.7 meters (6 ft)
- Weight/displacement: approx 7’000 kg (15’432 lbs)
- Keel-type: Longkeeled
- Hull: Sandwich with fiberglass reinforced plastic
- Stern: Positive
- Rudder: Underlying
- Engine: Volvo Penta MD19
- Fuel tank: 2 tanks (approx. 350 liters in total)
- Water tank: 3 tanks (haven’t measured volume, but approximately 300 liters)
- Septic tank: None yet, but on its way
- Rig: Ketch-rigged
- Main mast: 15 meters (49 feet)
- Mizzen mast: 8 meters (26 feet)
If you want to read more about what equipment we have on our sailboat, click on the link HERE.