UPDATE: We have bought a new boat, a Wasa 530. More information about our new boat on this page: The Boat – Anne-Mon II.
Anne-Mon is a sailboat of model OC35, ketch rigged and long keeled. She was built in 1967 by Malmö Flygindustri in Sweden. It is a robust boat that was built for sailing across oceans, but she has never had the opportunity.
We have bought the boat as a renovation-project and started preparing her for a sailing adventure.
All the work that we did before our departure can be found under the category Renovation.
Some facts about Anne-Mon:
- Name: Anne-Mon
- Call sign: SF7545
- Model: OC35 ketch
- Year of manufacture: 1965
- Manufacturer: Malmö Flygindustri
- Constructor: John Melchior
- Length Over All (LOA) w.o. bowsprit/dinghy davit: 10.7 meters (35 ft)
- Length Over All (LOA) w. bowsprit/dinghy davit: approx 13 meters (43 ft)
- Waterline Length (LWL): 8.49 meters (28 feet)
- Width: 3.3 meters (11 ft)
- Depth: 1.7 meters (6 ft)
- Weight/displacement: approx 7’000 kg (15’432 lbs)
- Keel-type: Longkeeled
- Hull: Sandwich with fiberglass reinforced plastic
- Stern: Positive
- Rudder: Underlying
- Engine: Volvo Penta MD19
- Fuel tank: 2 tanks (approx. 350 liters in total)
- Water tank: 3 tanks (haven’t measured volume, but approximately 300 liters)
- Septic tank: 70 litres
- Rig: Ketch-rigged
- Main mast: 15 meters (49 feet)
- Mizzen mast: 8 meters (26 feet)
If you want to read more about what equipment we have on our sailboat, click on the link HERE.