Last weekend we didn’t only work with the fresh water system (see previous post). We also worked a with fixing a mast track gate on the main mast, continued with the electrical system and other small jobs.
One thing we wanted to fix was an opening we had in the track on the main mast. The opening used when removing/inserting the slides. We haven’t found a piece on the boat that fits here so we decided to make one our own, by bending a sheet of aluminum.
Some of the screws for the windows on the boat have some pretty sharp edges which we wanted fixed. They can easily damage our sails, especially when setting the mizzen stay sail.
We also continued with the electrics on the boat, our next mission is to get the lamps inside the boat working. The days are getting shorter and it will soon be necessary to have proper lights inside the boat.
We also created a simple lazy jack for the mizzen mast, similar to the one we have on the main mast. When lowering the mizzen sail it usually falls all over the cockpit, and has been pretty hard to sort out. With the lazy jacks in position we hope that it will be much easier. We also set up a cup holder in the cockpit, a small thing that will make sailing easier and more comfortable. Unfortunately we don’t have a picture on either.
If you haven’t already noticed we have updated some cost and information about our sailboat equipment last week, check it out by navigation to Cost & Information->Sailboat Equipment in the Menu, or by clicking HERE.