It was finally time to lift our Volvo Penta engine back into the boat. The weather forecast said it was going to be a warm and sunny, but windy, weekend so we decided to do the engine lift.
First up was to lift it into the car, which was the hardest part for us when lifting it out of the boat, read more about it HERE. Since we had problems last time we built a rig so that it would be easier to get it into the car.
Next up was to go to our ship Aline to get the small boat. When we lifted the engine out from the boat we rowed to the dock where the derrick was located, but it was way to windy now so we thought we would use our dinghy for the ship to tow the sailboat.
The ship is not located far from where we have the sailboat, so it wasn’t an especially long boat ride. And first boat ride of the year! 🙂
We towed Anne-Mon back to her original dock, the wind had picked up a bit but we got her in place without any problem. Next up will be to finishing the bilge, and lifting both the generator and the engine into their positions. We also noticed that there is a small leakage in one of the connections in the fuel tank, which we fixed earlier (read more about it HERE) so we will have to investigate that further and fix the leakage.