When we bought Anne-Mon there were some plastic cracks in the cockpit. We wanted to repair the plastic cracks before the autumn arrived to Sweden, so that they would not get worse.
Since we have a good deck on our ship, we moved Anne-Mon there while we worked with repairing the plastic cracks. It made the work easier since we could prepare everything on the ship and then do the actual work on Anne-Mon.
The first, and very important, thing we did to repair the plastic cracks was to make a thorough cleaning of the cockpit. It was very dirty, after 10 years of collecting all kinds of dirt. We grounded the cracks to open them up and to make them dry. We didn’t want to put new fiberglass and polyester on the cracks while they were still wet. Then we would close in the moisture and that would probably cause some trouble for us later on.
We were able to make the cracks dry, but we left them over night and the following sunny day to let them dry even more.
The next step will be to put polyester and fiberglass on the plastic cracks in the seat and on some other places where we noticed that the current plastic is a little weak.